Hi Christine,

I do not have lehuakona in my desktop now, but while waiting for Jamie
to try it on, just a quick answer that might help.

It seems that this problem happen because of the method=global, not
due to the order of fitting, I think. We tried

mfittrend in=${in_object} axis=3 order=1 out=temp_01 auto
mask=temp_mask1 method=single variance=false subtract=false 'clip=[2,3]'

and it seems OK. But

mfittrend in=${in_object} axis=3 order=1 out=temp_02 auto
mask=temp_mask2 method=global variance=false subtract=false
'clip=[1.5,2.5,2,3,5]

is different.

I think a quick way just to look at the output from this mfittrend, in
above example temp_02, the affected regions seems to appear
surprisingly high or lower than the rest of the pixel, which seems to
be fitting OK.

Hope that help a little bit.

Cheers,
-Boon-