On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 18:21:58 -0400, Bing Ye <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Hi all:
>
>I am doing event-related analysis for my study. Subjects are doing a stroop
test. there are two conditions reading the word and saying the color . I want
to compare the incorrect responses when they say the color ink and correct
mistakes when the say the color ink. My question is can i compare 3 incorrect
when i compare 60 incorrect responses to 64 correct responses?

It might have the same result, in the sense that the estimator is unbiased, but
there's no way you can compare using only 3 incorrect responses---the
sample size is far too small to get anything useful.  There are various rules of
thumb in fMRI (which is what I assume you're doing), one of which is how
many trials of a given condition you need.