Sent: 10 September 2009 20:34
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Lists or LinkedIn [Was: RM course accreditation / RM debate and discussion]

It's interesting to talk of "harming the profession"...  Because my original point, in response to the question of RM course accreditation, raised by Steve Bailey, was for the lack of exposure that these discussions are getting on the listserv. They disappear into the listserv archive and you're really rather lucky if you find them again.

But moreover, it's the new recruits i was thinking of. The records managers of the future, who are trying to make informed choices about their study options, and may be missing out on 'hearing' and contributing to these discussions. "They should join the listserv" might come the reply. But interestingly, i don't think i see this listserv even mentioned on the RMS website, our professional body here in the UK. And who's to say you'll join in time to catch the conversation, or you'll know which keyword to find it with.

It's all so hit and miss.

Jen Parker
Records Mangement Professional

> [...]
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Lists or LinkedIn [Was: RM course accreditation / RM debate and discussion]
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> I thought Rachel's point was more a recognition of the fact that not all
> records managers can access new technologies at work, rather than a
> suggestion that as a profession we elect to use the lowest common
> denominator? if an information professional cannot access newer
> technologies, they must keep abreast of developments as best they can
> and will lose out on professional support and advice if they are not
> permitted by their organisation to have access to newer facilities,
> hence the usefulness of the list serv. Obviously people can become
> familiar with Web 2.0 outside of a work context but might want to use it
> for purposes other than their job...I agree that organisations take on
> new technologies at different rates, but I don't see that it can harm
> the profession to use a facility available to almost everyone.
>
> Susan
>

> Susan Em
> Records Manager
>
> T: 0191 203 5351
> M: 07776 498791
> e-mail: [log in to unmask]
> www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk
> *** IMPORTANT NOTICE ***
> *** NHSBSA DISCLAIMER ***
>
> This e-mail and any attachments transmitted with it, including replies and forwarded copies subsequently transmitted (which may contain alterations), contains information which may be confidential and which may also be privileged.
>
> The content of this e-mail is for the exclusive use of the intended
> recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the person
> authorised as responsible for delivery to the intended recipient(s), please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this e-mail
> or the information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
>
> If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the Help Desk at
> the NHS Business Services Authority, Prescription Pricing Division via e-mail to [log in to unmask] including a copy of this message. Please then delete this e-mail and destroy any copies of it.
>
> Further, we make every effort to keep our network free from viruses.
> However, you do need to validate this e-mail and any attachments to it for viruses, as we can take no responsibility for any computer virus that might be transferred by way of this e-mail.
>
> This e-mail is from the NHS Business Services Authority whose principal office is at Bridge House, 152 Pilgrim Street, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE1 6SN.
>
> Switchboard Telephone Number :- +44 (0)191 232 5371
>
> For any technical queries re JISC please email [log in to unmask]
> For any content based queries, please email [log in to unmask]

For any technical queries re JISC please email [log in to unmask] For any content based queries, please email [log in to unmask]
This email originates from Wiltshire Council and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential information and may be subject to Copyright or Intellectual Property rights. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and delete the email from your inbox. Any disclosure, reproduction, dissemination, modification and distribution of the contents of the email is strictly prohibited. Email content may be monitored by Wiltshire Council to ensure compliance with its policies and procedures. No contract is intended by this email, and any personal opinions expressed in this message are those of the sender and should not be taken as representing views of Wiltshire Council. Please note Wiltshire Council utilises anti-virus scanning software but does not warrant that any e-mail or attachments are free from viruses or other defects and accepts no liability for any losses resulting from infected e-mail transmissions.
Receipt of this e-mail does not imply consent to use or provide this e-mail address to any third party for any purpose. Wiltshire Council will not request the disclosure of personal financial information by means of e-mail any such request should be confirmed in writing by contacting Wiltshire Council.