Sent: 10 September 2009 15:21
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Lists or LinkedIn [Was: RM course accreditation / RM debate and discussion]

I’m not going to pitch into a debate on which is the most ideal way to participate in online discussion – much comes down to personal preference, in any case – but the simple fact remains that many employers block some or all of the more recent communication technologies whereas virtually all allow e-mail.

Is it either fair or useful to have forums for professional sharing and discussion to which some of our colleagues are denied access?

Regards,

Rachel.

Rachel Hardiman, BA (Hons), MSc

Senior Research Assistant

School of Computing, Engineering and Information Sciences

Northumbria University

Room 247

Pandon Building

Camden Street

Newcastle upon Tyne

NE2 1XE

Tel: 0191 243 7650

e-mail: [log in to unmask]

AC+erm Project website: www.northumbria.ac.uk/acerm

AC+erm Project blog: http://www.acerm.blogspot.com/

AC+erm Project on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Northumbria_RM

For any technical queries re JISC please email [log in to unmask] For any content based queries, please email [log in to unmask]