Sent: 09 September 2009 17:21
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Information and Records Manager - job opportunity at the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) - closing date Friday 25th September 2009

We have a job opportunity to work as an Information and Records Manager at the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS). The details of the post are outlined below but please note that a qualification recognised by the Chartered Institute of Library & Information Professionals (CILIP) is essential.

Information and Records Manager

£27,070 pa plus £6,312 pay enhancement                          Central London

Information is the lifeblood of government and underpins all activity in BIS. This is an excellent opportunity to work within one of the teams responsible for corporate information management. You will lead a team of 6 staff administering the electronic records and document management system used in the department. This post is key to ensuring that the BIS information governance framework and policies already in place are developed, promulgated and standards maintained. Duties will include maintaining the integrity of the corporate record (file) plan and other metadata structures (eg thesaurus), and testing and developing enhanced system functionality. There will be opportunities to broaden your professional information and records skills and to project manage a variety of knowledge management projects.

You will need to demonstrate a working background in organising and retrieving information in a library or records management context and have strong problem solving and analytical skills, as you will be advising on a range of complex issues, as well as effective communication skills, in order to explain difficult concepts to colleagues. You will need to be able to work well as part of a team and have the ability to manage staff. A qualification recognised by the Chartered Institute of Library & Information Professionals (CILIP) is essential.

This is a permanent post. We offer an attractive employment package including 30 days annual leave, a choice of pension schemes and a range of flexible working and family friendly benefits

For more information and an application pack, please contact our response handling line on 01206 570706 or email [log in to unmask].

Closing date:  25th September 2009

Jane Garner
Senior Information Services Manager | InfoSource & Information Governance Unit | Department for Business, Innovation & Skills (BIS) | Bay 205 |
Kingsgate House | 66-74 Victoria Street | London | SW1E 6SW |
020 7215 3627 | http://www.bis.gov.uk/
The Department for Business, Innovation & Skills (BIS) is building a dynamic and competitive UK economy by creating the conditions for business success; promoting innovation, enterprise and science; and giving everyone the skills and opportunities to succeed. To achieve this we will foster world-class universities and promote an open global economy. BIS - Investing in our future

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.

For any technical queries re JISC please email [log in to unmask] For any content based queries, please email [log in to unmask]