The blogger referred to below says “If anyone can suggest a professional association that truly represents information professionals outside of the library sector I would really like to hear about them”. Well, no mention yet in this discussion of AIIM, an organization that claims to be “the community that provides education, research, and best practices to help organizations find, control, and optimize their information”. Surely of interest to records managers??

Eldin.

Sent: 14 September 2009 14:44
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Sector representation - first steps?

While this is the logical step to consider, I think in practice it might be both difficult to achieve and difficult to 'sell' to members - who would no doubt look to the experiences of the IIS (Institute of Informatin Scientists) when merging with LA to become CILIP and ask themselves whether they wanted to go down that same route.

An interesting comment on CILIP's attitude to 'the wider profession', made today by an ex-CILIP member, can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the comments on our blog post at http://suehill.typepad.com/shrweblog/2009/07/the-borough-market-twelve-meet-for-talks-on-professional-associations.html

Nicola

Nicola Franklin — Direct Line 020 7378 5458
Head of Recruitment

Sue Hill Recruitment - view our Blog at http://suehill.typepad.com/

Sue Hill Recruitment Network -  http://www.linkedin.com/e/vgh/2219369/

Borough House
80 Borough High Street
London SE1 1LL

Tel 020 7378 7068
Fax 020 7378 6838
web http://www.suehill.com

Registered Office: 30 City Road, London EC1Y 2AB      Registered in England. 3484222     VAT No. 709 9652 93