Untitled 2

Hi Isabel, I am a nursing working in Palliative care and health promotion. I have just finished 1 month volunteer work in a Thai Buddhist hospice. My PhD was in education using action research as I designed, piloted and evaluated a new curriculum for the healing enquiring nurse. I now have a Masters level course in Complementary and Alternative Medicine approved in Japan. I know how you feel as I often use to think that education was different from my practice, however I know now that my  AR enquiry never stopped and evolves as my understanding changes. The challenges and powers issues sometimes seem impossible to confront. But one individual can truly make a difference. I am working on integrated care curriculum design  project which is looking at health promotion issues with the community in a Japanese context sometimes I ask myself why do I do this? Then I remember my passion and attachment to the relief of suffering. It helps sustain me as the inflated egos of those whom assume power is everything in endless meetings about meetings that have nothing to do with actual care delivery..smile. It’s good to talk so lets do so!

Love and respect

Je Kan

From: Practitioner-Researcher [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Dosser, Isabel
Sent: 22 September 2009 03:08
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Envisioning and Developing a Research & Teaching Centre for the Child and Family: A multi-disciplinary & inter-professional action research project

Hi Geisha

thank you for your encouragement and I will search specifically for articles now that I am in the midst of my study. I have lots of literature and books on action research but will revisit the action research journal as I may have missed more recent articles. It is interesting that some professional disciplines may be more willing to collaborate than others.

Regards

Isabel

Isabel Dosser

Lecturer in cancer and palliative care