Thanks Shelley, your email is really helpful.

Cheers,

Brendan

  _____

From: Practitioner-Researcher
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Shelley Tracey
Sent: 09 September 2009 20:04
To: [log in to unmask]

Brendan, I am theorising in this creative way for my PhD - using poetry,
collage, film and other arts-based methods. I'm bending the limits of
language and of the PhD itself. The theme of the PhD is teacher creativity,
so I suppose that makes it kind of appropriate for me to do so. Research and
meaning-makign are creative, aren't they?.  You need a supportive supervisor
who has that kind of background. . (I'm lucky enough to have a great one).
There's a chapter on PhDs using arts-based approaches in a wonderful book,
Handbook of The Arts in Qualitative Research. It's published by Sage (i
think it was 2007 or 2008) and the editors  are Gary Knowles and Ardra L.
Cole.

Love

Shelley

  _____