Dear Friends,

I will be exhibiting with a group of artists in New York City, If you are in
town on September 17th, please stop by the opening, I’d love to see you.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

*September 7, 2009, *– NEW YORK - Amidst a glass-walled gallery space at 679
3rd Ave (at the corner of 43rd St.), thirty artists and thirty out-of-work
professionals will participate in Recession Art Sale, an art and commerce
event in the center of Manhattan from September 17 – October 10, 2009.

*AFTER THE GOLD RUSH: A Bailout for the Rest of Us*

Recession Art Sale combines art and commerce to assist artists and

out-of-work professionals

OPENING RECEPTION SEPTEMBER 17TH 2009        6 - 9 PM

679 3rd Ave (at the corner of 43rd St.), New York, NY

AFTER THE GOLD RUSH: A Bailout for the Rest of Us, Recession Art Sale will
host a diverse group of artists and sellers. The objective is to create
income, comment on current shifts in the market economy, and foster a sense
of community amongst artists, sellers, and buyers. Unemployed individuals
affected by the current economic recession will be engaged as sellers to
market the works on exhibit.

Artists will include: Noah Baen, Matthew Beall, Gene de Bartolo, Michele
Brody, Peter Cicariello, Thom Corn, Carla Cubitt, Shanee Epstein,  Ekterina
Existart, Mark Grimm and Amy Cheatle, Karen Gunderson, Janusz Jaworski,
Elanit Kayne, KK Kozik, Lorenzo Pace, Gila Paris, Susu Pianchupattana, Yulia
Pinkusevich, Thaddeus Radell, Mike and Sherry Rader, Robin Ross, Rafael
Rodriguez, Barnaby Ruhe, Charles Seplowin, Frank Shifreen, Lucy Slivinski,
Tiffany Sum, & Lane Twitchell.

Hosting the event is Anita Durst’s nonprofit arts organization, Chashama,
which has worked successfully with conceptual artist and Executive Producer
of Recession Art Sale, Elanit Kayne. Chashama was founded by Anita Durst in
1995 with the central purpose of keeping artists in New York by giving them
the space to create.  Durst realized that the lack of affordable space was
the greatest threat to sustaining a diverse, dynamic, and provocative
cultural environment in New York City.

http://www.prlog.org/10316954-bailout-for-the-rest-of-us-recession-art-sale-combines-art-and-commerce.html

 Hope to see you there!

- Peter Ciccariello

http://invisiblenotes.blogspot.com/
http://uncommonvision.blogspot.com/
http://poemsfromprovidence.blogspot.com/
http://uncommon-vision.blogspot.com/
You can find my art and writing updates on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ciccariello