'oooh, there's lots of Bircumshaws rownd 'ere'
How delightful for them!

-----Original Message-----
From: Poetryetc: poetry and poetics [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of David Bircumshaw
Sent: 04 September 2009 07:18
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: (delayed) snap

Yes, it was an early novel. The White Peacock in Eastwood is a lovely cafe
opposite
the Lawrence Birthplace Museum. Eastwood itself is a far more interesting
place than my little poem: its a large working village cum small town with
an artistic quarter. The road that intersects with Victoria St is named
'Scargill walk' (!)
( I had a personal interest as well as a literary one in going there - my
grandfather was born there five years before Lawrence - the women in the
Birthplace Museum told me 'oooh, there's lots of Bircumshaws rownd 'ere')