Rachel, the stumbles make you human - the vulnerability of a performer on
stage is part of the attraction of live readings. (It is what we often miss
who live in isolated places.) I've been to a number of readings recently and
enjoyed the most sincere over the most polished. One humble man reading
tanka and haiku and a mature Downs syndrome gent gave me a greater emotional
lift than the actor-turned poet who read with a good deal of showmanship and
style. Granted, I heard her every word where I missed some of the others,
but the word-for-word content was never as important as the credibility of
the poet, standing there, vulnerable and so human.

But I did like your reading, mainly because it *wasn't edited.

Andrew

--
Andrew
http://hispirits.blogspot.com/