Having had experience of my young son having heart surgery on several occassions, the NHS do not ues a fixed aged of consent in this way. The clincian assesses the young person's understanding, and if appropriate they give consent to treatment at a much earlier age then this.
If there was a 16 year old employee, I would not seek his parent's consent, on the assumption that if he is adult enough to do work, he is adult enough to understand and sign consents.
Id have ot think a bit about a 15 year old..
Cheers
Diane

Beyond Hotmail - see what else you can do with Windows Live. Find out more. ******************************** Please remove this footer before replying.