From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Sarah Flower
Sent: 02 September 2009 14:31
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] Epilepsy and Midwifery Training

Dear List

I would be most grateful for any advice in regards to the following issue,

How long would a potential student need to be seizure free prior to being
accepted to undertake their midwifery training?

I have an application from a student whose last seizure was only 2 months
ago, she has been on treatment since January. My instinct is to advise the
school to defer her place, but any other views would be welcome.

Many thanks

Sarah

Sarah Flower

Occupational Health Adviser