Dear list members,
This autumn, the Royal Society’s Library and Archives will be closing in order to undergo a major refurbishment. Due to the necessary preparations for this project we will cease to provide our normal service on Friday 9th October.

From October 12th until November 27th access to our collections will be extremely limited, and may be impossible: in all cases, visits during this time will only be possible by prior appointment. If you are planning to visit us during this period please contact us as soon as possible, and by October 12th at the latest, so we can discuss your requirements with you. Please note that we are unlikely to be able to accommodate requests made after this date, and visitors without an appointment will not be admitted.
Please accept our apologies for the short notice and any inconvenience the closure may cause. Further details are available on our Refurbishment webpage, and this will be updated periodically as the project progresses. We look forward to welcoming all our readers back when we reopen in June 2010.

Dr Felicity Henderson
Events and Exhibitions Manager
Library and Information Services

tel  +44 (0)20 7451 2597
fax  +44 (0)20 7930 2170
email  [log in to unmask]
web  www.royalsociety.org

The Royal Society
6-9 Carlton House Terrace
London SW1Y 5AG

Registered Charity No 207043
twenty ten and beyond | 350 years of excellence in science

****************************************************************************** This email is sent on behalf of The Royal Society, 6-9 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5AG, United Kingdom. You should carry out your own virus check before opening any attachment The Royal Society accepts no liability for any loss or damage which may be caused by software viruses or interception or interruption of this email. The contents of this email and any attachments are intended for the confidential use of the named recipient(s) only. They may be legally privileged and should not be communicated to or relied upon by any person without our express written consent. If you are not an addressee (or you have received this mail in error) please notify us immediately by email to: [log in to unmask] Registered charity no. 207043