On Friday, September 4, 2009, at 9:12 pm, I wrote:

> 5)  John the Good of Siponto (Bl.; d. later 12th cent.)...   After his
> death J.'s body was brought to the community's mother house of Santa
> Maria di Pulsano on the Gargano peninsula in northern Apulia; the
> thirteenth-century Pulsanese martyrology in BAV, Vat. lat. 5419
> records his feast on this day.

The martyrology in question is in Naples, Biblioteca nazionale, ms. VIII C l3.  That is a portion of a dismembered codex from the abbey of Santa Maria del Pulsano whose much larger remainder is now Vat. lat. 5419,  The latter contains a lectionary, an homiliary, the abbey's necrology, and its Rule.  Both portions are reproduced in facsimile in Alberto Cavallini, ed., _Laus Deo, anima Pulsani.  Il Libro dell'Ufficio del Capitolo della Congregazione monastica degli eremiti di Pulsano_ (Cittą del Vaticano: Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana, 2005).

Best again,
John Dillon

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]