Dear Jim,

The prayer "Deus apud quem mortuorum spiritus vivunt" is only known to me
from the fairly rigid Domenican use (14th-15th century).
It  is where you should direct your attention.

Best regards
Erik Drigsdahl

At 11:14 -0500 26/09/09, Dr Jim Bugslag wrote:
>I wonder if any list member might be able to direct me to sources for texts, translations and/or studies of the prayer Deus apud quem or the anthem Suscipiat te Christus, which I believe are part of the Office of the Dead.  Also, are there studies on the history of prayer through the later Middle Ages?

Erik Drigsdahl          CHD Center for Haandskriftstudier
Kapelvej 25B  3.tv.         E-mail: <[log in to unmask]>
DK-2200 Copenhagen N        http://www.chd.dk
                            Phone:  +45 + 3537 2047

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]