Dave

On 20 Sep 2009, at 16:04, Messenger Davies Maire wrote:

Dear colleagues - the Policy network as a whole may be interested in the  exchanges below between members who'd been involved in the briefing meeting with officials from the DCMS held on September 11th. A report on this will appear in the next newsletter - the meeting was held under Chatham House Rules, so the report is brief and factual, but those who attended thought it was a useful meeting.

Steve Barnett (see below) has summarised his thoughts on public opinion re topslicing the BBC license fee in an article in Guardian Media online. See
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/organgrinder/2009/sep/17/government-bbc-topslicing-survey

I was delighted to see that as an illustration to his argument, Steve included a You Tube clip from Yes Prime Minister about questionnaire construction. I've used this clip many times over the years in teaching research methods.

Hope all had a good summer

best

Máire

Máire Messenger Davies, PhD, FRSA (Professor)
Director, Centre for Media Research,
School of Media, Film and Journalism
University of Ulster
Cromore Rd, Coleraine BT52 1SA