We took the third approach when building Turning the Pages with the
BL. All files are encrypted and then decrypted on the fly in the app,
so even if you poke around in the cache and could figure out that
a .ttp file is just an alias for another format, you'd never get the
whole file. Not so hard.

We thought it was a basic decision on who you're trying to protect
files from - casual digital pickpockets or determined "thieves".

There's been some interesting discussion on this over at the MCN list
regarding the commercial loss of any stolen images, which in turn
raises the whole licensing debate. Which I know almost nothing about...

Hope this helps.

Michael
Michael Stocking
Managing Director