From: lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Cooke, Catherine
Sent: 16 September 2009 14:16
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: WiFi and risk to children

There has been some debate on the safety of public WiFi in schools sparked off by a BBC Panorama programme on dangers to children from a range of devices including mobile phones and WiFi.  There does not seem to have been any official health survey or advice on this but some schools in the UK and abroad have stopped public WiFi.

We would be interested to hear from anyone who has come across this, has any views or, indeed, has taken any action as a result.

Many thanks,
Catherine

Catherine Cooke
Projects and Development Co-ordinator
Westminster Libraries

Tel.: 020 7641 1206
Fax: 020 7641 1019
E-mail:

Check out our online film http://www.westminster.gov.uk/librariesfilm

Westminster City Council switchboard: +44 20 7641 6000
www.westminster.gov.uk
This E-Mail may contain information which is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail or any part of it, please telephone Westminster City Council immediately on receipt.
You should not disclose the contents to any other person or take copies.

This email originates from Wiltshire Council and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential information and may be subject to Copyright or Intellectual Property rights. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and delete the email from your inbox. Any disclosure, reproduction, dissemination, modification and distribution of the contents of the email is strictly prohibited. Email content may be monitored by Wiltshire Council to ensure compliance with its policies and procedures. No contract is intended by this email, and any personal opinions expressed in this message are those of the sender and should not be taken as representing views of Wiltshire Council. Please note Wiltshire Council utilises anti-virus scanning software but does not warrant that any e-mail or attachments are free from viruses or other defects and accepts no liability for any losses resulting from infected e-mail transmissions.
Receipt of this e-mail does not imply consent to use or provide this e-mail address to any third party for any purpose. Wiltshire Council will not request the disclosure of personal financial information by means of e-mail any such request should be confirmed in writing by contacting Wiltshire Council.