Good afternoon everyone,

I am hoping you will be able to help me in gathering anecdotal evidence to persuade our IT Department to allow the library staff to use the Firefox web browser.

We experience recurrent problems with HDAS using Internet Explorer 6 and have found that we get much better performance using Firefox. However when the IT department found out I had downloaded it to my PC they swiftly removed it and said that it isnt supported by the NHS! I know that many of you have persuaded your IT departments to allow you to use Firefox and so I would be grateful if you could let me know

·       if you use Firefox (so that I can get a picture as to how many other Trusts have allowed access) and also

·       how you persuaded them (was there something that swung the argument for them?! our lot are unimpressed by the argument that it helps with our work!)

Many thanks in advance. I will be happy to summarize all the answers and post to this list.

Kind regards,

Scott Rosenberg BSc (Econ) MCLIP

Electronic Resources Librarian

Francis Costello Library

Institute of Orthopaedics

Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic & District Hospital

Twmpath Lane

Oswestry

Shropshire

SY10 7AG