We have been having ongoing problems for the last few months with one of our e-journal subscriptions via OVID and wondered whether anyone else is experiencing the same issue.

This is the only title we take via OVID and we have one user license, access through Athens.  When you click on the link to access this title, the majority of time we are presented with a blank screen.  If you refresh, this loads the page correctly, however you are then informed that you have reached the maximum users who can access the resource and you will have to wait for that session to expire, which means we can’t get to the article required.

We have been working with OVID and our IT department (who have even been talking to BT about caching pages being the problem) to try and resolve the problem, but we’ve still not got to the bottom of it.  I can’t help but think that it is an NHS network or local network issue but no-one can work it out!

I can’t revert to the print version of the journal because many of the articles are published as e-only, and I don’t want to pay for another licence as it’s not required for usage.

Do any other libraries have access to a journal on one user licence via OVID?  Do you have this problem?

Any suggestions/feedback would be great!

Thanks

Siobahn

Siobahn Price
Library Services Manager
Francis
Costello Library
Institute of Orthopaedics
Robert Jones & Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic & District Hospital NHS Trust
Oswestry,
Shropshire, SY10 7AG

Tel:  01691 404681 / 404388
Fax: 01691 404071