Dear Colleagues,

may I add a further twist to this tale - it has just been pointed out to me that our financial management system (SAP) which I know is used by other Universities, is at present only set up to pay vat @15% and will not/cannot  accept  payments at the 17.5% rate until such time as the old rate is restored. Has anyone else hit this problem and if so, how have you resolved it? As we are on the cusp of our major invoicing period I can see real problems if we are faced with a series of invoices with two different VAT elements to apply, so I am hoping that someone has found a fiscally sound way round this - preferably one which does not involve having to request 2 invoices per product!

Kind regards,
Jill

Jill Taylor-Roe
Head of Liaison & Academic Services