From: An informal open list set up by UKSG - Connecting the Information Community [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sandra Morris [ssm]
Sent: 30 September 2009 11:00
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [LIS-E-RESOURCES] ScienceDirect access problems

Hello
Is anyone else having problems with Elsevier ScienceDirect?
We have had intermittent problems over last week or so. Down again this morning...and then up again a few minutes later. This is not just at journal level but at www.sciencedirect.com<http://www.sciencedirect.com> home page level.
The error message is numbered as SD-008, with an instruction to contact the Help Desk with no indication of how to do so.
We're not getting any help from Elsevier - one response so far suggested it was a problem with IE when the user was actually using Firefox!
Not a good time for this to happen.

Thanks
Sandra

Sandra Morris
Electronic Information Development Officer
Subject Support & E-Library Team,
Information Services,
Hugh Owen Library,
Aberystwyth University,