I'm attempting to build a rather simple but effective Access database that will assist managing our usage statistics.  For my test I'm using four years worth of our usage data from the Royal Society of Chemistry.  Because I'm in the early stages of this little project I'm creating the initial table by hand.  In doing this I've come across an oddity.

In the JR1 reports for the Royal Society of Chemistry I'm noticing inconsistencies in the identification of ISSN.  Let me explain.  In 2006 RSC identified the print ISSN for Annual Reports Section A (Inorganic Chemistry) 1460-4760 and the electronic ISSN 0260-1818.  In 2007 and 2008 the print and electronic ISSNs for Annual Reports Section A (Inorganic Chemistry) are identified as follows 0260-1818 and 1460-4760 respectfully.  Now, for 2009, that same title the print and electronic ISSN are once again identified as it had been in 2006, i.e. 1460-4760 and 0260-1818.  This pattern is not limited to only Annual Reports Section A (Inorganic Chemistry), rather it is reflected in all of the titles list in the JR1 report.

Obvious for something that I'm attempting to do this can have important consequences.  So I'm wondering whether or not anyone else noticed this oddity with RSC or any other usage statistics provider?

Respectfully,

mies

~~~~~~~~~

Mies Martin