From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mies Martin
Sent: 29 September 2009 15:09
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [lib-stats] consistent meta-data from Royal Society of

Hi Cliff,

Thanks for the note.  On the one hand I'm glad to learn that I'm not imagining these sorts of things.  When I explain these oddities to my colleagues they think I'm nuts.  They be happy to learn that a) I'm not nuts and b) nothing is as consistence as it may seem.

Thanks for suggestion concerning using the title as a key field.  For our little system I'm considering separate sets of tables (Journal title, year of usage data and publisher) for each of our providers (RSC, IEEE, ACM, ect.).  In other words, for each provider we would have separate tables instead of one large database.  I know it this might seem rather maddening but this way if one table goes kaput then it would not impact everything else.  Moreover it would be rather easy to rebuild a small set of data rather than a whole collections worth.

mies

Mies Martin

Digital Resource Coordinator

J.R. Van Pelt / Opie Library