++ RGMA_USER=rgma
++ RGMA_GROUP=rgma
++ GLITE_USER=glite
++ GLITE_GROUP=glite
++ GLITE_HOME_DIR=/home/glite
++ INFOSYS_GROUP=infosys
++ BDII_USER=edguser
+ config_jobmon_check donotquitonerror
+ requires donotquitonerror GLITE_WMS_LCGMON_FILE GLITE_USER
+ myquitonerror=yes
+ '[' xdonotquitonerror = xdonotquitonerror ']'
+ shift
+ myquitonerror=no
+ unset must_set
+ for var in '"$@"'
+ '[' GLITE_WMS_LCGMON_FILE '!=' GLITE_WMS_LCGMON_FILE ']'
++ eval echo '$GLITE_WMS_LCGMON_FILE'
+++ echo /var/glite/logging/status.log
+ '[' x/var/glite/logging/status.log = x ']'
+ for var in '"$@"'
+ '[' GLITE_USER '!=' GLITE_USER ']'
++ eval echo '$GLITE_USER'
+++ echo glite
+ '[' xglite = x ']'
+ '[' -z '' ']'
+ return 0
+ retcode=0
+ return 0
+ ret=0
+ '[' x/var/glite = x ']'
+ for var in '"$@"'
+ '[' GLITE_USER '!=' GLITE_USER ']'
++ eval echo '$GLITE_USER'
+++ echo glite
+ '[' xglite = x ']'
+ IFS=:
+ read id user gids groups descr home
++ eval echo '${GLITE_USER}'
+++ echo glite
+ yaimlog DEBUG 'Creating user glite...'
+ '[' 2 -ne 2 ']'
+ level=0
+ '[' -z '' ']'
++ eval echo '${GLITE_USER}'
+++ echo glite
+ '[' xglite = xdpmmgr ']'
++ echo LB
++ grep LFC
+ '[' -z '' ']'
++ eval echo '${GLITE_USER}'
+++ echo glite
+ '[' xglite = xlfcmgr ']'
++ eval echo '${GLITE_USER}'
+++ echo glite
+ id glite
+ result=0
+ '[' 0 -eq 1 ']'
++ eval echo '${GLITE_USER}'
+++ echo glite
+ yaimlog DEBUG 'Skipping user glite since it already exists...'
+ '[' 2 -ne 2 ']'
+ level=0
   DEBUG: Calling gridenv_set with the incorrect  number of parameters:
GLITE_LB_EXPORT_JPPS
   DEBUG: Appending value "/opt/c-ares/lib" to environment variable
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
   DEBUG: Appending value "/opt/classads/lib" to environment variable
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
   INFO: Executing function: config_glite_lb
   WARNING: Database lbserver20 already exists
Stopping glite-lb-notif-interlogd ...done
Error: GLITE_USER is not set
FAILED
   ABORT: Service glite-lb-bkserverd failed to start!
   ERROR: Error during the execution of function: config_glite_lb
   ERROR: Error during the configuration.Exiting.

I am not sure there is anything relevant there. The workaround I found
was to manually add GLITE_USER to the
/opt/glite/yaim/functions/config_glite_lb

function config_glite_lb_setenv(){

yaimgridenv_set GLITE_USER glite
  yaimgridenv_set GLITE_JP_LOCATION ${GLITE_JP_LOCATION:-}
  yaimgridenv_set GLITE_WMS_QUERY_TIMEOUT
${GLITE_WMS_QUERY_TIMEOUT:-300}

Cheers,
Catalin