On Thu, 10 Sep 2009, Burke, Stephen (STFC,RAL,PPD) wrote:

> LHC Computer Grid - Rollout
>> [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mattias Wadenstein
> said:
>> The hep-spec benchmark is per node, at least that the number
>> the official benchmark script outputs (which automatically runs one
> spec
>> 2006 all_cpp
>> instance per cpu reported in /proc/cpuinfo - including
>> hyperthreading- > "CPU:s").
>
> That's true, but if you look at the document (note 1.1d on page 6) it
> says "The rule established by WLCG to publish the correct value for
> BenchmarkSI00 is described in the following GOC wiki page (please check
> in particular the example given):
> http://goc.grid.sinica.edu.tw/gocwiki/CPU_Benchmarking_HowTo. Please,
> note that in this wiki page one is instructed to find the power per job
> slot (dividing the total score from the HEPIX procedure by the number of
> job slots). The proposal we make is to find the power per core (dividing
> the total score by the number of cores in the box).

Ah, totally new documents to me. Good thing I happened to be reading this
thread, because I'm just implementing the re-publishing of ARC infosys
into the glite BDII.

Wouldn't it make more sense to run the all_cpp benchmarks in the same
number of copies as the job slots on the node though? Especially if one
would use those numbers for brokering, which I think is one of the
intended uses.

/Mattias Wadenstein