From: Graham Triggs [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 29 September 2009 17:45
To: J.W.T.Smith; [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: Staff who have left?

If you have to decide what to do about records in the IR after a staff member has left, then you probably should have paid more attention to what you were allowing in the repository in the first place.

As you point out, there may be an issue with things like contact addresses (the reason they are there are so that people can make contact, and if the address is dead, is rather pointless).

But items should only be deposited in the repository because there is a valid reason for them to be in the repository. Those reasons wouldn’t go away, just because the staff did.

Graham Triggs

Technical Architect

Open Repository

http://www.openrepository.com/