*Apologies for cross-posting*

Dear All,
One of my colleagues would like to find out some more information about models and formulas being used in the UK to cost the repository as a service. They would like this info partly to justify the presence of a repository manager to senior managers within the institution, and partly to advise academic departments and researchers who are making bids for funding. When it is mandated that research outputs are archived into a repository what costs should we be advising the academics to write into their bids to ensure they make the financial contribution towards the running of the repository?

Our Welsh Repository Network Enhancement Project is going to be looking at producing some costings for repository deposit processing via our mediated deposit bureau work package, but we are some months off having anything concrete to share, plus this will only really look at the unit human resource cost for outsourcing deposit processing rather than a full costing of the underlying infrastructure.

Does anyone know of any evidence that is coming out of other projects that might help here? Or any other sources of advice I might try?
Many thanks
Jackie

Jackie Knowles
Project Manager / Rheolwr Prosiect
Information Services / Gwasanaethau Gwybodaeth
Aberystwyth University / Prifysgol Aberystwyth
E-mail / E-bost: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Tel / Ffon: (01970) 628489