Twisting this slightly....
- 25,000 journals, 10 articles per journal, 4 issues a year per journal
= 1,000,000
- Doubled for theseis, conference articles & books => 2 million items

Now, ROAR & OpenDOAR list 1,400 repositories.... which is over 1,400
items per repository, per year!!!

(There are, what - 230 working days in the year... which means that each
repository need to process 6 items a day, every day, to stay on top of that)

Now tell me that IRs are insignificant in the scheme of things :chuckle:

--

Ian Stuart.
EDINA,

http://edina.ac.uk/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.