A draft copy of this announcement was submitted earlier. The following is
the official announcement as approved by the university.
We urge all qualified professor to apply.

Assistant Professor –XIX Century Italian Literature

The State University of New York at Stony Brook invites applications for a
new, tenure track position at the Assistant Professor level in Italian
language, literature and culture.  We are looking for a candidate who
specializes in the XIX Century literature, with a strong teaching or
publishing record in cultural history, travel literature and
Italian-American culture.

Required Qualifications: Ph.D., native or equivalent proficiency in
Italian, and excellent publication record.

Preferred Qualifications: Expertise in syntax and advanced composition, and
Italian American cinema.  The successful candidate will teach classes of
Italian languages, literatures and cultures.

Deadline for the application letter, CV, transcripts and three accompanying
references is November 10, 2009 and should be sent to:

Professor Nicholas Rzhevsky, Chair,

Department of European Languages, Literatures, and Cultures,

Stony Brook University,

Stony Brook, NY 11794-5359.

The appointment, which begins with the 2010 Fall semester, is contingent
upon the availability of funding.

For a full position description or application procedures, visit
http://www.stonybrook.edu/jobs (Ref. #F-6045-09-09.)

Charles Franco. Director Italian Programs
Department of European Languages
Stony Brook University
www.stonybrook.edu/eurolangs/