2009/9/19 Michael Leuty <[log in to unmask]>

> 2009/9/19 Adrian Midgley <[log in to unmask]>:
> > Give one, see what happens.
>
> But note which one you give, because if a second dose becomes
> necessary it will have to be the same make of vaccine.

David Salisbury the deputy CMO seemed to be winding up to have SHAs and PCTs
construct some administrative edifice for this...

I wouldn't be surprised if someone thought of reinventing immunisation and
administration records so as to have a separate and novel paper record for
this one injection.

I emailed him back to point out that all that is necessary is for the supply
route to send one brand to some practices, and the other to others, and for
at most a phone call to the previous practice in the rare cases of someone
moving between doses, and acquiring one dose of the right stuff if
necessary.

That could be avoided by simply publishing a list of all practices and otehr
immunisation sites, with the brand provided against each of them, stick it
on the web where Google can see it, and Leave It To Us and the patients!

--
Adrian Midgley   http://www.defoam.net/