Couple of things:

1) before invoking 3D ensure that the images have their correct type set. Look in the image information window and change type to stats if necessary,

2) adjusting the bricon settings in 3D mode will change how the current layer is thresholded (the error messages suggest to me that your bricon range is outside the range of the statistical data hence the "No data to decimate!" message) so try selecting your stats image and adjusting the bricon settings.

Hope that helps.