Dear Nate,

IMHO it would be so much better if all files were written as nifti
except when it really cannot be a avoided, in which case
the offending packages (that can't deal with nifti) should have
wrappers around *them* that converts to and from the other
format.  Nifti is the best hope we have of getting packages
working cleanly together.  That's my 2 cents worth anyway.

All the best,
	Mark

P.S. Writing two different output formats from the one
command sounds like a hideous feature and I really do think it
should be broken down into simple steps of writing consistent
outputs and then converting when necessary.  That seems
sensible in general and particularly for a pipeline!