FMR 34 – to be published in February 2009 – will include a major feature
section on Urban displacement

Deadline for submission of articles: 28th September 2009
Maximum length: 2,500 words.

This issue of FMR will provide a forum for practitioners, advocates,
policymakers and researchers who are working in and researching urban
displacement to share experiences, debate perspectives and offer
recommendations. It will address issues relating to people displaced
into or between urban environments (defined as in or around cities,
towns or large villages).

The full call for articles, with a list of questions about aspects of
urban displacement to be addressed, is online at
http://www.fmreview.org/urban-displacement/

Please email the Editors at [log in to unmask] if you are interested in
contributing or have suggestions of colleagues or community
representatives who may wish to contribute. We are particularly keen to
reflect the experiences and knowledge of communities and individuals
directly affected by urban displacement.

If you are planning to write, we would be grateful if you would take
note of our Guidelines for Contributors at:
http://www.fmreview.org/writing.htm.

With apologies for cross-posting.

Marion Couldrey & Maurice Herson
Editors, Forced Migration Review

www.fmreview.org

Note: The material contained in this communication comes to you from the
Forced Migration Discussion List which is moderated by Forced Migration
Online, Refugee Studies Centre (RSC), Oxford Department of International
Development, University of Oxford. It does not necessarily reflect the
views of the RSC or the University. If you re-print, copy, archive or
re-post this message please retain this disclaimer. Quotations or
extracts should include attribution to the original sources.