We know that in England and Wales, NICE has recommended acupuncture and spinal manipulation for persistent low back pain, and that in Germany the health insurers fund acupuncture for back pain and osteoarthritis of the knee. Are there other examples of national or regional healthcare systems that provide funding or recommend complementary and alternative medicine therapies AND are doing this on the basis of a published assessment of evidence from clinical trials? We would be grateful for pointers to such publications.

Please reply to [log in to unmask]

TIA

Kev Hopayian and Michael Power