Dear All
Thank you David and Harsh for your replies. You have asked about CUSUM. My original question may not have been explicit enough.

 I am only a novice but my understanding is that:
CUSUM stands for Cummulative sum charts and is a form of  'time series analysis. Bootstrapping in this time series is done for change point analysis. More details are given in this excellent paper by Wayne Taylor

http://www.variation.com/cpa/tech/changepoint.html

Suppose ordinarily there is one failure in 5. The failures don't come regularly like this:
SSSSFSSSSFSSSSFSSSSFSSSSFSSSSF

You could well have by effect purely of chance:
FFFSSSSSSSSSSS

Bootstrapping of the time series will help you define the limits (of failures or success  coming together) that can occur by chance. (This will be different for the CI  of proportions.)
I was trying to draw the limits for the data
 SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSFSSSSSFSSFSSFFSS
to apply further, to find when an experiment is running outside the limits of control.

Regards
Jacob Puliyel