Hi Ann,

For my Masters in information and Library Management, I looked at
making collection descriptions findable on the web using microformats,
see my work published at http://selfdescription.org. I haven't done
much with this since, but mostly because I didn't see much activity,
and my current role doesn't allow much free time.

Personally I think that making some of the more obscure collections
more findable is a good thing and worth doing, especially in the
context of linked data, semantic web etc.

Thanks
Tim

Tim Hodson
informationtakesover.co.uk