We gain consent to do it when the person signs up to use the facility...

________________________________

From: This list is for those interested in Data Protection issues
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tim Trent
Sent: 10 September 2009 3:05 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [data-protection] Libraries and Public Access Terminals

How clear does your organisation make it at point of data collection?

I'm not arguing at all with such collection and processing of the data.
I can see the point entirely.

Donald Henderson wrote:

As a provider of such facilities, the information is recorded against
your personal details. It is held for limited purposes, it is available
on request by the data subject, it held for a fixed period and we have
supplied such data in response to S.29 request.

Donald Henderson

Information Compliance Manager

Perth and Kinross Council