Dear all

This October JISC Digital Media is running 5 exciting courses in Bristol:

Digitising Analogue Video Recordings

This workshop investigates the challenges associated with the preservation of
videotapes. Through practical exercises, we will look at how digitising
materials to archival standards can both safeguard and help develop a
collection.

Building a Departmental Image Collection

This course will provide you with a hands-on experience of creating, managing
and delivering a departmental image collection. You will acquire the foundation
knowledge required to make well informed decisions about building an image
library.

Finding Free-to-Use Images Online

If you’ve ever needed to find images online that you can use in your work
materials then this course is for you. It will guide you to all the best places to
locate free-to-use, copyright cleared images for use in both teaching and
learning. You’ll never use Google to find images again!

Digital Photography - Getting started with your SLR

This entry level course will provide you with an understanding of the
techniques and skills needed to produce great quality images from a digital SLR
camera with ease. Some illuminating background theory will be supported by
hands-on practical exercises in photography.  Weather permitting you'll be
doing some photography outside to hone your skills.

Digital Photography - Taking Control of your SLR

This action packed course looks in depth at using a digital SLR's creative
controls to put you in charge of your photography. You will also have plenty
of hands-on practice with the camera and be shown how to effectively
illuminate 2D and 3D objects using tungsten and fluorescent studio lighting.

To see a full listing of our courses up until Christmas please visit:

http://www.jiscdigitalmedia.ac.uk/training/

If you have any questions about our training programme please feel free to
contact me.

Best wishes

Dave Kilbey

Training Officer and Co-ordinator
JISC Digital Media - A JISC Advisory Service

Still images, moving images and sound advice

Free Helpdesk for UK Further and Higher Education:
Online advice documents: <http://www.jiscdigitalmedia.ac.uk/>
Hands-on training: <http://www.jiscdigitalmedia.ac.uk/training/>