Dear All,

A permanent post is on offer at Syngenta. Enquiries are welcome but please only apply online via the website.

Protein Crystallographer

Jealott's Hill, Bracknell, Berkshire

Syngenta is one of the world's leading companies with more than 24,000 employees in over 90 countries. As global demand for food and fuel continues to rise, we are dedicated to our purpose: 'bringing plant potential to life'. Through our world-class science, global reach and commitment to working with our customers, we help to increase crop productivity, protect the environment and improve health and quality of life. We work in a collaborative and inspiring culture where personal contribution is rewarded and growth and development are at the heart of our culture. Jealott's Hill International Research Centre is the largest research and technology site within the company. Further information is available at www.syngenta.com<http://www.syngenta.com>.

Structural biology at Syngenta is at an exciting stage with opportunities to work on several projects with the aim of influencing the chemistry design of new agrochemicals. We are looking for a PhD or equivalent in structural biology with at least 2-3 years postdoctoral experience across the protein crystallography pipeline from gene to structure. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to work independently with proven experience in crystallisation, data collection, and structure determination.

Candidates will need to demonstrate enthusiasm, flexible team working, and a tenacious approach to delivering structural solution outputs to projects. Excellent communication skills and the ability to translate structural knowledge to a meaningful output for multidisciplinary project teams are highly desirable qualities for this post.

If you are excited by the prospect of developing your career in a permanent post with a world-leading agribusiness, we would like to hear from you. Further details of the post and a link to apply on line is available at www.syngenta.com<http://www.syngenta.com> by navigating to Careers - Jobs for Professionals - UK. Closing date: 2nd October 2009. Informal enquiries can be made to Jane Wibley ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) tel. 00 44 1344 413957.

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the designated recipient, please notify the sender immediately, and delete the original and any copies. Any use of the message by you is prohibited.