You may be able to optimize them but that is still a step further, with recent advances in microbeam at the synchrotron, you *may* be able to scan through different regions of your crystal (especially if the stacking is not exactly one on top and is little oblique) and collect data!

--
Karthik Sathiyamoorthy
Graduate Student, Biophysics