We have had the following suggested by one of our lecturers although I'm not sure of the
costs and terms & conditions (if any) for HE. We are about to have a trial to the full
WGSN service so we can compare it to these other services.

Stylesight (www.stylesight.com)
Trendspot (www.trendstop.com)
mpdclick (www.mpdclick.com) - this is connected with Mode Information, probably the
biggest distributor of trends internationally. I'm not sure how good this is but Fashion
Capital (www.fashioncapital.co.uk) has a 50 user educational rate of £599 + VAT. Don't
know if they'd do a deal for the larger numbers.

Best regards

Jayne

Jayne Burgess
Library Services Manager (Art & Design/Special Collections)
Manchester Metropolitan University
Sir Kenneth Green Library, All Saints, Manchester M15 6BH
E: [log in to unmask]
T: 0161 247 6637

Visit http://www.specialcollections.mmu.ac.uk/ for more information about the MMU
Special Collections Museum

Before acting on this email or opening any attachments you should read the Manchester
Metropolitan University's email disclaimer available on its website
http://www.mmu.ac.uk/emaildisclaimer

>>> Catherine Johnson <[log in to unmask]> 03/09/2009 09:19 >>>
Dear Colleagues,

I know that some institutions have decided not to subscribe to WGSN.  I would
be very interested to find out what other sources are being used to provide
similar information.

Many thanks
Cath

Catherine Johnson
Subject Librarian
School of Architecture and the Visual Arts
University of East London
0208 223 7444

For up to date information on forthcoming workshops and free visits
please see the online ARLIS/UK & Ireland Events Calendar 2009 at
http://www.arlis.org.uk/