HI Matty,

Address is 11 Sutton Road, postcode LE2 6FL  - it’s the white house on the corner off Great Arler Street.

See you Friday morning, ;et me know what time,

kate

Sent: 02 September 2009 09:19
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: banana issue

Dear List Members,

Just to inform you that I get the pleasure  to see end of July the outcoming of a volume concerned by the domestication of banana. It cames out as a special issue of the electronic journal 'Ethnobotanical Research and Applications'. It present a state of the art of what is known of the banana domestication as well as the most recent developments in the microfossils technics allowing the track of archaeological evidences for banana. Please find hereafter the table of contents. All the contributions can be downloaded following the link http://www.erajournal.org/ojs/index.php/era/issue/view/25

Hooping this will meet your interest

Sincerely yours

L. Vrydaghs

Table of content:

History of Banana Domestication

Preface.
Emile Frison
164

Why Bananas Matter: An introduction to the history of banana domestication.
E. De Langhe, L. Vrydaghs, P. de Maret, X. Perrier and T.P. Denham
165-177

Bananas and People in the Homeland of Genus Musa: Not just pretty fruit.
J. Kennedy
179-197

Combining Biological Approaches to Shed Light on the Evolution of Edible
Bananas.
X. Perrier, F. Bakry, F. Carreel, Ch. Jenny, J.-P. Horry, V. Lebot and I.
Hippolyte
199-216

Technical Papers

Going Bananas in Papua New Guinea: A preliminary study of starch granule
morphotypes in Musaceae fruit.
C.J. Lentfer
217-238

Differentiating the Volcaniform Phytoliths of Bananas: Musa acuminata.
L. Vrydaghs, T. Ball, H. Volkaert, I. van den Houwe, J. Manwaring and E. De
Langhe
239-246

Tracing Domestication and Cultivation of Bananas from Phytoliths: An update
from Papua New Guinea.
C.J. Lentfer
247-270

Relevance of Banana Seeds in Archaeology.
E. De Langhe
271-281

Impressions of Banana Pseudostem in Iron Slag from Eastern Africa.
L. Iles
283-291

Regional Multi-disciplinary Papers

Banana (Musa spp.) Domestication in the Asia-Pacific Region: Linguistic and
archaeobotanical perspectives.
M. Donohue and T.P. Denham
293-332

Banana Cultivation in South Asia and East Asia: A review of the evidence
from archaeology and linguistics.
D. Fuller and M. Madella
333-351

Early Bananas in Africa: The state of the art.
K. Neumann and E. Hildebrandt
353-362

Bananas and Plantains in Africa: Re-interpreting the linguistic evidence.
R. Blench
363-380