Dear colleagues,

A conference of the Association for Environmental Archaeology will be held from March 30-April 1 at the University of Aberdeen, with the theme of the Environmental Archaeology of the North. The conference will include two days of presentations and a one-day excursion to visit archaeological sites in Aberdeenshire. Please note that it is not necessary to be a member of the Association for Environmental Archaeology to attend the conference.

We invite papers and posters from researchers, freelance environmental archaeologists and graduate students who are exploring any aspect of past human interactions with northern environments. Please respond by November 1 if you are interested in offering a presentation.

Attached is a poster about the conference, and a booking form, which includes more information about the conference venue, accommodation in Aberdeen, and how to travel to the city. We would be grateful if you could circulate this information to anyone you think might be interested.

With best wishes from the organising committee,

Tim Mighall,

Keith Dobney,

Kevin Edwards,

Karen Milek

Departments of Archaeology and Geography & Environment

School of Geosciences

University of Aberdeen

St. Mary’s, Elphinstone Road

Aberdeen, AB24 3UF