Hello all,

Some very recent developments!

I'd just like to mention that I had a meeting this evening with the organisers of the Manchester Radical bookfair that is taking place on the 26th of this month (2 wks). One of the workshop convenors has pulled out at short notice and I will be hosting a different workshop in its place called 'Anarchaeology' which is going to focus on issues in current archaeological practice using the AGJ model (free association/mutual aid/ radical modes of education and learning). I will be talking about AGJ and how it is structured (the mutual aid and free association model) and also about the issues that AGJ disseminates.

The bookfair was very well attended last year and it is being held at the Jabez Clegg in Manchester - which is located right opposite the main university campus building and students union. We had about 600 people through the door and about 50 people in the room we were running the workshop sessions so the possibility of publicity is really positive. I will be printing off lots of AGJ flyers and they will be available to pick up on the Anarchist Federation stall.. I will also be handing them out after the talk.

So - would anyone else like to come along on the Saturday to assist with the talk? and also to raise some awareness about the network itself. I'd like to make attendees aware that they do not neccessarily have to be archaeologists to join the list - as I'm sure we can extend this to all who cares about our heritage, and the people by whom politically motivated heritage decisions are affected.

Umberto, could you possibly send me a short paragraph as to the historical origins of AGJ and the motivation behind setting it up so I can factor it into the discussion

Any help is appreciated

All the best

Claire

New! Receive and respond to mail from other email accounts from within Hotmail Find out how.

Add other email accounts to Hotmail in 3 easy steps. Find out how.