From: HE Administrators equal opportunities list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Anna Roberts
Sent: 28 September 2009 17:29
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: ECU to receive continued funding to support the sector until 2015

Dear colleagues,

Equality Challenge Unit to receive continued funding until 2015

Review highlights value of equality support during difficult economic times

We are delighted to inform you that the UK Higher Education Funding bodies (HEFCE, HEFCW, DEL-NI and SFC), along with Universities UK and GuildHE, have confirmed that Equality Challenge Unit will continue to be funded to promote equality and diversity in higher education for a further five years until 2015.

This decision follows a review of the impact of our work over the current funding period, which is due to end in 2010.

You can find further information on the review on our website.

We look forward to working closely with you as we enter this exciting new phase.

About Equality Challenge Unit

Equality Challenge Unit supports the higher education sector to realise the potential of all staff and students whatever their race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief, or age, to the benefit of those individuals, higher education institutions and society

T: +44 (0) 20 7438 1010  E: [log in to unmask]  W: www.ecu.ac.uk

Anna Roberts
Communications Manager
Equality Challenge Unit
7th Floor, Queens House
55/56 Lincoln's Inn Fields
London, WC2A 3LJ
Tel:      +44 (0)20 7438 1010
Fax:     +44 (0)20 7438 1011
DDI:     +44 (0)20 7438 1018
Email:  [log in to unmask]
Web:   www.ecu.ac.uk

Equality Challenge Unit
Company limited by guarantee, number 05689975
Registered charity, number 1114417
Registered office: 7th floor, Queens House, 55/56 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3LJ, United Kingdom.

Equality Challenge Unit (ECU) promotes equality and diversity in higher education.  ECU is funded by Universities UK, GuildHE, and the UK higher education funding bodies (HEFCE, HEFCW, DEL-NI) and by SFC to work in collaboration with the higher education sector in Scotland.

Although every effort is made to ensure that the information contained within this email is accurate and up to date, ECU cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions. The information is not a substitute for legal advice, and should you require more specific advice you should consult an appropriately qualified professional adviser.

This message is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you should not copy or disclose this message to anyone but should kindly notify the sender and delete the message.  Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of ECU shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.  No contracts shall be concluded by means of this email.

Neither ECU nor the sender accepts any responsibility for viruses. The administrator of this email service reserves the right to access and disclose all messages sent over its email system.