Colleagues,

Having just failed to convince my Trust Excecutive Team we needed an 8th consultant to cover our three non training middle grade vacancies (unable to recruit for 2 years), ensure EWTD compliance at weekends and improve quality and patient safety.

I am interested in hearing about any other DGH EDs out there seeing 70,000+ patients who have had more success?

I am also interested in our Presidents comments that there are examples of Consultant led EDs are out there e.g Sailsbury 12 EM consultants 40 000+ patients - any others?

How did you convince your Trust/Commissioners?

I would be particularly interested in seeing the business case and how/if it was affordable within PBR tarrif.

Julian Humphrey
Barnsley