Dear Everyone,

Here is reading material (with pictures!) drawn from my current research-based practice. http://www.cfkeep.org/html/snapshot.php?id=52570385348583 These web-pages are intended for use by teacher researchers and their research coach-mentors in schools.

Some webpages I hope could be models in eliciting, representing and disseminating teachers' research informed knowledge. My portfolio is being piloted as part of a TLA presentation at Stage 4. The Teacher Learning Academy offers 4 levels of recognition designed to celebrate teachers' learning and I have participated in their Stage 4 Pilot.
My portfolio is a small part of my submission to the TLA at Stage 4.  Other sections relating to my own learning plans, learning journey and substantial reviews of books, journal articles and vdeos about teacher research, coaching/mentoring and potential usefulness of web-based teachnology will accompany my submission (due in soon!)

My CV:

I trained to be a secondary teacher in French, Spanish and Envionmental Studies (!) Starting my career in a middle school which drew children from the Hull docks area, I passionately engaged with teaching from the outset. After teaching in middle schools between 1973 and 1988, I moved into secondary teaching and then into upper school teaching as Head of Faculty, training to be one of the first school-based ITT mentors. (Bedfordshire Licensed Teacher Scheme).  To help me develop my teaching skills (unexpectedly I was asked to teach both French and Spanish to A level classes) I persuaded for my LEA to fund my MA in The Teaching of Modern Languages through Language and Literature at the Institute of Education. In 1994, I became a lecturer (University of Bath) and continued to publish research, as I had as a schoolteacher.

Serious illness returned in 2006 (I was injured in an accident in my 30s) and sadly retirement through ill health was the only path.  I retired for less than a week before university employment resumed (part time) at Bath Spa. There I developed modules relating to their MA programme for teacher researchers and began a love affair with web-based technology (or rather using KEEP Toolkit templates).  Along the way... opportunities have presented themselves to be an LEA advisor and OfSTED inspector. Running my own consultancy company has enabled me to work as part of a project collaborating with Futurelab to e-enable the TLA as well as being employed by schools intent on developing teacher and student research.  Now? I am a (full time) researcher.

Hopefully, one day I will be awarded a PhD. My first submission was examined under wrong criteria, I won the right to re-examination but after 3 years waiting de-registered. Submitting a DPhil by publications in 2006 (exactly 3 years from today...) I hoped that better luck would follow.  One examiner mistakenly ruled that some of my publications weren't peer reviewed (8 were) and UWE refused to allow me to proceed to a viva voce.

I consider myself to be incredibly fortunate to have enjoyed my career despite hurdles!

My question?

How can web resources assist
coach-mentoring for teacher researchers in schools?

Underpinning the question is my implicit Are any of my own resources likely to help?

Warm regards,

Sarah

PS Rather then delay starting this e-seminar until technical problems on
BERA's vre are unravelled, I have decided to circulate my 'paper' and
question today so Bon weekend..!

Sarah Fletcher

Consultant Research Mentor

http://www.TeacherResearch.net

Convenor for BERA Mentoring and Coaching SIG

Details at http://www.bera.ac.uk