From: Vladimir Litvak <[log in to unmask]>
To: Spokas Antanas <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Saturday, 15 August, 2009 16:09:49
Subject: Re: [SPM] eeg source reconstruction results

Dear Antanas,

I understand what you are trying to do, but in general I think it'd be
hard to build a good DCM model just based in imaging source
reconstruction without incorporating any prior knowledge from the
literature and theoretical conciderations.

If you have multiple subjects and conditions you should build SPMs for
the contrasts of interest and look at the areas that come up in these
contrasts. The next best thing would be to do just a single-sample
t-test for a group of images from the same time period for different
subjects. This is not valid statistical inference because all the
values in the images are positive, but you can look at the peaks of
the T-images as most consistently occurring sources.

Finally the most ad hoc approach is to export images for the time
periods of interest for single subjects and look where you find local
maxima in those images.

Best,

Vladimir